RPi Slackware ARM installer updated to 3.10.22 kernel

The SARPi project forum. For anything and everything relating to Slackware ARM on a Raspberry Pi 1, 2, and 3. This forum is NOT a replacement or substitute for the Slackware (ARM) forums on Linux Questions website! Please try to seek help there first about any issues you may be experiencing, or question you might have, before posting on here.
Exaga
FatDog Network Administrator
FatDog Network Administrator

RPi Slackware ARM installer updated to 3.10.22 kernel

Postby Exaga » Tue Dec 10 2013 - 03:34:23

We´ve tested and updated our existing Slackware ARM installer with the 3.10.22 kernel, modules, and latest boot-firmware from the official RPi GitHub repository.

The installer was vigorously tested on 3 different versions of Pi; with Samsung, Hynix and the latest Micron, RAM. The Micron RAM version (these have an ¨M¨ printed on the CPU) gave me, in particular, some troublesome moments. I still find it hangs on reboot occasionally (and it does this with all OS?!?!) but I simply power off/on and that solves it. There were no issues with the Samsung and Hynix RAM versions of the RPi. These two worked perfectly throughout the entire testing period, as always.

The SARPi guide has also been updated to relfect some small changes in the Slackware ARM 14.1 installation process.

The new installer and 3.10.22 kernel, modules and boot-firmware packages are available here: http://rpi.fatdog.eu/index.php?p=downloads
Exaga

====
__ KEEP THE DOG ALIVE!!!
()'`; /
/\|` W00f W00f W00f
www.fatdog.eu

Return to “SARPi Project - Slackware ARM on a Raspberry Pi”