No boot after shutdown

The SARPi project forum. For anything and everything relating to Slackware ARM on a Raspberry Pi 1, 2, and 3. This forum is NOT a replacement or substitute for the Slackware (ARM) forums on Linux Questions website! Please try to seek help there first about any issues you may be experiencing, or question you might have, before posting on here.
br_Orion

No boot after shutdown

Postby br_Orion » Mon Jun 02 2014 - 04:41:09

I did my first instalation of Slackware ARM current following http://rpi.fatdog.eu/index.php?p=1steps and after all, when i shut down with init 0, the next boot not pass from the red light.
Tried also with 14.1 and it was the same.
I tried also Raspbian and it worked fine with normals boot after shutdown, so what i am doing wrong?
Here is my cmdline.txt:

Code: Select all

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 nofont root=/dev/mmcblk0p3 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait ro

And in the /boot i have this files:

Code: Select all

.   COPYING.linux     README        System.map    cmdline.txt   fixup.dat     fixup_x.dat  start.elf    start_x.elf         version-raspi-boot.txt
..  LICENCE.broadcom  README.initrd  bootcode.bin  config.txt   fixup_cd.dat  kernel.img   start_cd.elf  version-kernel_raspi.txt

Exaga
FatDog Network Administrator
FatDog Network Administrator

Re: No boot after shutdown

Postby Exaga » Tue Jun 03 2014 - 09:45:19

Hi,

You may experience Slackware ARM on the Raspberry Pi hanging on boot, on occasion, especially with the Micron RAM version. In the past I have simply cut the power and turned it back on (and repeated this cycle) until the system boots. This was a known issue, although I assumed it had become less of a problem with more recent updates.

You're not doing anything wrong, I'm guessing it's the version of RPi you're using that's causing these issues. Do you have another RPi you can test with to see if it gives you the same results?
Exaga

====
__ KEEP THE DOG ALIVE!!!
()'`; /
/\|` W00f W00f W00f
www.fatdog.eu

br_Orion

Re: No boot after shutdown

Postby br_Orion » Tue Jun 03 2014 - 13:52:26

I was doing something wrong, or at less incomplete.
I did not run rpi-update before shut down the system, then the /boot partition had not enough or correct files to rpi to boot.
Now after rpi-update it worked, thanks for the attention Exaga.

Return to “SARPi Project - Slackware ARM on a Raspberry Pi”