After Installation -> no boot

The SARPi project forum. For anything and everything relating to Slackware ARM on a Raspberry Pi 1, 2, and 3. This forum is NOT a replacement or substitute for the Slackware (ARM) forums on Linux Questions website! Please try to seek help there first about any issues you may be experiencing, or question you might have, before posting on here.
urban4

After Installation -> no boot

Postby urban4 » Fri Nov 20 2015 - 15:35:53

After successful installation i did the reboot command......

The system boots up until a kernel error: No working init found

What can i do? I can't believe it is the sd card.
My hardware is:
Raspbeerx pi 2
SD Card: SanDisk SDSQUNC-016G-GZFMA Ultra usD 80MB/s, C10, UHS

Can anybody give me a hand?

Thank you!

Exaga
FatDog Network Administrator

Re: After Installation -> no boot

Postby Exaga » Sat Nov 21 2015 - 09:22:27

Hi urban4,

How are you installing Slackware ARM? If you are following the SARPi guide and using the installer it should work perfectly.

Try another microSD card. I find that with some cards there's nothing but problems. Other cards work perfectly and never fail. I use Samsung EVO microSD cards exclusively with the Raspberry Pi 2.
Exaga

====
__ KEEP THE DOG ALIVE!!!
()'`; /
/\|` W00f W00f W00f
www.fatdog.eu

urban4

Postby urban4 » Sun Nov 22 2015 - 13:26:11

Hi Exaga,
thank you for responding. I installed slackware 14.1 according to installation guide twice. The only problem djuring the installation was removing the kernel package. It didnt find the kernel. All other steps finished succesfully.

Now I will change the SD-card to your suggested type! We will see if it was the problem.....

I will get back to you.
Grettings

urban4

Postby urban4 » Fri Nov 27 2015 - 14:10:27

Ok, I'am back with information for you:

1. the SD Card, SanDisk SDSQUNC-016G-GZFMA Ultra usD 80MB/s, C10, UHS was not the problem becuase I've changed the sd card to Samsung microSDHC UHS-I 16 GB EVO and I've the same problem!
-> result: both sd card working with salckware

2a. Get Slack [online]: I followed the SD card configuration and get slackware by downloading "online" via rsync command on an exernal usb stick. I think that was the problem. Duiring download not all files was copied.
-> result: you don't regonize missing files djuring the installation. The only hint i can give is the setting of the root password. It doesn't work in my case. After reboot you see the kernel error: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/544761/error.jpg

2b. Get Slack [ftp]: I downloaded also a ftp version 14.1 from server. I also installed slackware according the guide.
-> result: Everything works fine!

SumUp: The kernel error, no working init found came from the incompletely download of slackware (step 2a)!

I hope this post will help anybody in the same situation.

Grettings!

Exaga

Postby Exaga » Sat Nov 28 2015 - 19:02:38

Hi urban4,

I'm surprised the system didn't give you a page full of errors if there were missing packages when installing Slackware ARM.

Glad that you found the source of the issue and thanks for sharing it. :ok:

8-)
Exaga

====
__ KEEP THE DOG ALIVE!!!
()'`; /
/\|` W00f W00f W00f
www.fatdog.eu

Return to “SARPi Project - Slackware ARM on a Raspberry Pi”