UART serial install on Rpi

The SARPi project forum. For anything and everything relating to Slackware ARM on a Raspberry Pi 1, 2, and 3. This forum is NOT a replacement or substitute for the Slackware (ARM) forums on Linux Questions website! Please try to seek help there first about any issues you may be experiencing, or question you might have, before posting on here.
justwantin

UART serial install on Rpi

Postby justwantin » Sun Jul 24 2016 - 13:28:51

I've gotten tired of disconnecting my monitor to instal on a Raspberry Pi

I had a go around some searches this evening looking at using a pl2303 usb cable to connect to and run an install on a raspberry pi. I've done this often with my Banana Pro's. It seems the raspbian people add some settings to the cmdline.txt

Code: Select all

console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200
to monitor boot and get a prompt after boot. Tried this with the cmdline.txt in /boot on the SARPI installer but got nothing on my desktop console running

Code: Select all

screen -T screen-256color /dev/ttyUSB0 115200,-crtscts
which is what I use when doing a serial connetction to my Banana Pro's

Can anyone give me a heads up here?

justwantin

Re: UART serial install on Rpi

Postby justwantin » Mon Jul 25 2016 - 06:20:21

I had a bit of a thought on this today. Raspbian posts I saw were all uart connecting after a system is installed, eerrrr.. copied to an sd card and booted. A bit different from whatI was trying yesterday. I think I'll have a look at using u-boot to load the SARPI kernel and initrd.

Return to “SARPi Project - Slackware ARM on a Raspberry Pi”