Updated SARPi website, tutorials, images, and packages

The SARPi project forum. For anything and everything relating to Slackware ARM on a Raspberry Pi 1, 2, and 3. This forum is NOT a replacement or substitute for the Slackware (ARM) forums on Linux Questions website! Please try to seek help there first about any issues you may be experiencing, or question you might have, before posting on here.
Exaga
FatDog Network Administrator

Updated SARPi website, tutorials, images, and packages

Postby Exaga » Thu Sep 15 2016 - 00:20:48

The SARPi website, tutorials, installer images, and boot-firmware/kernel packages, have been updated. This update was long, long, long overdue.

http://sarpi.fatdog.eu

There's changes;
• New SARPi installer images and system packages filenames to reflect the _version_ and not the build/creation date. All the available SARPi installers and system packages have been updated to the latest RPi kernel 4.4.20.
• The Slackware package build-tag which FatDog.eu used as an identifier has changed from "fd" to "fd0" in keeping with convention.
• A .zip archive of /boot directory files is now available for each version of the SARPi installer. This is so users can do it "their own way" and manage these files themselves.

These small modifications mean there's a slight change in some of the instructions within the SARPi tutorial pages in certain places. In all cases, please RTFM and there shouldn't be any problem(s). ;)

As most of you will already be aware, FatDog.eu is mirrored by FatDog.NL and the 3 original sarpi sites have been merged into one website. The old URLs will still work (for the time being) and are set to forward users to the new 'all-in-one' SARPi website. The content from the original sites has been sent to "/dev/null 2>&1".

There's a few things that still need updating and completing, such as the rTorrent tutorial and contact form, and they will be worked on as and when time permits.

If you hit any problems, see any typos, or just feel like giving me your opinion(s), please feel free to let me know.

Cheers! 8-)
Exaga

====
__ KEEP THE DOG ALIVE!!!
()'`; /
/\|` W00f W00f W00f
www.fatdog.eu

linicks

Re: Updated SARPi website, tutorials, images, and packages

Postby linicks » Thu Sep 15 2016 - 17:51:57

Brilliant stuff, Exaga - where I would be with all my Pi's without all the work you do, I don't know.

Thank you for all of this!

Nick :ok:
https://linicks.net/

Q. What is the difference between a duck and an elephant?
A. You can't get down off an elephant.

Exaga

Postby Exaga » Thu Sep 15 2016 - 21:32:45

linicks wrote:Brilliant stuff, Exaga - where I would be with all my Pi's without all the work you do, I don't know.

Thank you for all of this!

Nick :ok:

Haha linicks! Maybe without the SARPi project you would be using a Banana Pi or Odroid C2. (Hopefully, still with Slackware ARM installed!) :D

You're very welcome, by the way. I have some time on my hands at the moment and needing a distraction from real life. So, updating the SARPi projects www content has helped to achieve that. Have fun with it. 8-)
Exaga

====
__ KEEP THE DOG ALIVE!!!
()'`; /
/\|` W00f W00f W00f
www.fatdog.eu

linicks

Postby linicks » Fri Sep 16 2016 - 13:00:25

Maybe without the SARPi project you would be using a Banana Pi or Odroid C2. (Hopefully, still with Slackware ARM installed!)

I doubt it - without the SARPI project I would still have a few Pi's, but be running the awful Debian based thing that puts all the files and stuff in non-unix default locations - let alone the god-awful systemd thingy.

Nick
https://linicks.net/

Q. What is the difference between a duck and an elephant?
A. You can't get down off an elephant.

Return to “SARPi Project - Slackware ARM on a Raspberry Pi”