kodi in srpi3 ?

The SARPi project forum. For anything and everything relating to Slackware ARM on a Raspberry Pi 1, 2, and 3. This forum is NOT a replacement or substitute for the Slackware (ARM) forums on Linux Questions website! Please try to seek help there first about any issues you may be experiencing, or question you might have, before posting on here.
glorsplitz

kodi in srpi3 ?

Postby glorsplitz » Fri Nov 25 2016 - 19:02:20

hi all, quiet around here

this isn't important I was trying to do this as learning thing and to see if it could be done

I got kodi installed from SBo in current vbox vm, works fine, tried to do same on srpi3, got all the requirements installed

I tried to build kodi as SBo says to, didn't work, I built/installed ffmpeg, then tried to build kodi again, keep getting same result, found various reasons googling maybe why, some said not ffmpeg the executable but ffmpeg libraries, running out of memory, etc,

/tmp/ccQmlLce.s <- this is something different each time

./kodi.Slackbuild
CC libavcodec/aacenctab.o
CC libavcodec/aacps_fixed.o
CC libavcodec/aacps_float.o
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8669: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx r1,r2,#0,#4' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8670: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx r0,r2,#4,#4' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8763: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx r2,r3,#0,#4' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8764: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx r1,r3,#4,#4' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8860: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx r1,r2,#0,#2' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8861: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx r0,r2,#2,#2' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8863: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx ip,r2,#4,#2' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8865: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx lr,r2,#6,#2' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8870: Error: selected processor does not support `rbit r2,r2' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8974: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx r1,r2,#0,#2' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8975: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx r0,r2,#2,#2' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8977: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx ip,r2,#4,#2' in ARM mode
/tmp/ccQmlLce.s:8979: Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx lr,r2,#6,#2' in ARM mode
common.mak:57: recipe for target 'libavcodec/aacdec.o' failed
make: *** [libavcodec/aacdec.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
ERROR: Building ffmpeg failed
checking for FFMPEG... no
configure: error: "ffmpeg not found"

thanks for looking, on the other hand, my srpi setup is great!

Exaga
FatDog Network Administrator

Re: kodi in srpi3 ?

Postby Exaga » Fri Nov 25 2016 - 23:27:16

I tried to compile XBMC under Slackware ARM for the Raspberry Pi a few years ago and never managed it successfully. I decided it wasn't worth the time and effort when other alternatives seemed to work perfectly. :P
Exaga

====
__ KEEP THE DOG ALIVE!!!
()'`; /
/\|` W00f W00f W00f
www.fatdog.eu

glorsplitz

Postby glorsplitz » Sat Nov 26 2016 - 04:55:48

thanks Exaga

Yea I know, I just wanted to try, as I said I got so close, I have openelec on another rpi3 that works great.

glorsplitz

Postby glorsplitz » Sun Dec 04 2016 - 23:02:45

Just as a side note, I don't do this kind of programming, I git cloned latest ffmpeg, toyed around with ./config parameters and got it installed.

Just can't figure out what kodi ffmpeg parameter to get kodi to use what ffmpeg is installed.

I'm guessing they want to use the version of ffmpeg that SBo says to download with kodi.

So I'm also guessing kodi is using its own ffmpeg config parameters and is failing for that reason.

Maybe over Christmas break I'll try to track down the config that kodi wants to pass ffmpeg and adjust that to how I got ffmpeg to build standalone.

linicks

Postby linicks » Mon Dec 05 2016 - 19:17:27

I don't think you are doing much worng - the issue is with this:

Error: selected processor does not support `ubfx r1,r2,#0,#4' in ARM mode

Basically, that is assmbler code trying to use registers that the ARM processor doesn't have. The ffmpeg warning/error is a bum steer, as the build fails way before that.

Do you know if there is a successful build of kodi for the Pi (ubuntu, debian etc.)?

Nick
https://linicks.net/

Q. What is the difference between a duck and an elephant?
A. You can't get down off an elephant.

Exaga

Postby Exaga » Tue Dec 06 2016 - 20:16:38

Exaga

====
__ KEEP THE DOG ALIVE!!!
()'`; /
/\|` W00f W00f W00f
www.fatdog.eu